Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life, the universe, & everything.

Yesterday I had my first home cooked meal in six months, courtesy of my mother. She cooked me moroccan chicken with couscous, which is one of my absolute all-time fave meals. For her she didn't see it as that much of a big deal - the fact that I went over to her house, we talked for a couple hours, got some groceries & she cooked me dinner. But for me, it was a big thing. The reason for this being is that I really felt like it was the first step for things to get 'back on track' with me & her.

For the longest time, she & I haven't had the greatest relationship. We fought a lot, and both of us were to blame. For better or for worse, I am a very stubborn person - indecisive, yes, but once my mind's made up, it's set in stone. She would often disagree with certain life choices & decisions that I made & thanks to my stubborness, I could never be dissuaded otherwise. Last night I really felt like we covered some ground & are now on the same page, which is a feeling I haven't felt with her in years.

Here's hoping that things can only move up from here...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Astrid, seventeen. I love deeply, hurt deeply, and think deeply. I believe if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. This is ME; uninhibited and unhinged.