Monday, May 3, 2010

16 and Pregnant

I have to blog about this even though I am well aware that others reading it will probably have different opinions to mine. I am not trying to change anyone else's perspective on things - merely to get my perspective across. Let me start with saying that teen mothers almost always look scummy. It's just not a good look. And no teenager under the age of 18 can honestly say that it was a planned pregnancy, regardless of whether they regret having a child or not. Even if they actually wanted to get pregnant, it always seems to be accidental or unexpected. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's not hard to close your legs & make a conscious decision to NOT have unprotected sex, just as it is not that hard to get 'carried away' or 'lost in the moment' and sleep with someone without a second thought... bottom line is that if you're emotionally mature enough to sleep with someone & are aware of all the consequences, & know how you would deal with those consequences should a certain situation arise.... YOU ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO PROTECT YOURSELF and use condoms and/or take the pill if you do not want to fall pregnant or contract a disease!

It's not that fucking hard people! I am not a virgin, and I didn't find it a challenge to take the pill, use condoms, or - at times - use both. I guess my frustration stems from a conversation I had with my ex boyfriend about abortion and our personal opinion on the matter. I am not, in any way, a religious person & my ex boyfriend is a Christian. However, we share the same belief that abortion should be reserved for certain circumstances only - rape victims, serious genetic defects, and.... no, basically just those two things.

Abortion is not a contraceptive & should not be used as an easy way out for stupid teenage girls who fucked up. If you don't want the child that is no reason to kill it, for God's sake. Go through with the pregnancy (consequences for your actions) and put it up for adoption. Just because you don't want a child doesn't mean that someone else doesn't.

It's just selfish...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Astrid, seventeen. I love deeply, hurt deeply, and think deeply. I believe if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. This is ME; uninhibited and unhinged.